Follow these five steps to be the best pool party host next summer!
Step 1: Clean your pool
The first thing you should do is to make sure your pool is ready. It’s not ready if the water is cloudy and if leaves and debris are floating around. Clean it with a pool vacuum or a robotic cleaner to ensure it’s clean and safe for all swimmers.
Here is the comparison of pool vacuums in 2018 for your reference.
Step 2: Decorate the poolside
Some pool party hosts don’t like decorating. But if you want to step up the game, then you have to give time to decorate. Give it your personal, unique touch. You could use torches, banners, and other decorative items. Just have fun!
Step 3: Prepare the food
Every swimmer will get tired eventually, which is why you ought to prepare the best pool party snacks too. Below is a list of my recommendations.
Best Snacks for Your Pool Party
- Bacon-and-Romaine Skewers with Blue Cheese Dressing – They’re healthy and easy to eat!
- Dried fruits – No one hates dried fruits. Plus, they can withstand the humidity and heat! Prepare dried mangoes, dried bananas, or dried apricots.
- Garlic bread with marinara sauce – Cut your garlic bread as if they’re French fries, then serve with homemade marinara sauce!
- Hard-boiled eggs – Eggs are healthy. Everyone needs this. Kids will love them too.
- Nuts – Almonds, cashews, pecans. Serve them all.
- Potato chips with nori salt – Serve crunchy potato chips with a sprinkle of nori salt for a fun-filled pool party.
- Single-serve yogurts – They’re healthy and easy to eat!
- String Cheese – A pool party won’t be a great pool party without string cheese. Trust me.
Step 4: Prepare the Drink Station
Serve beverages in one area. Prepare plain water, fruit-infused waters, homemade juice, coffee, and drinks with alcohol if you can. It’s best to study who will be attending the pool party. It’s also recommended to have a wide variety of drinks to add color to your party. Plus, swimmers will get thirsty after playing games and swimming, which means they need to drink a lot to regain their energy.
Step 5: Create a Pool Party Playlist
Lastly, your pool party doesn’t deserve to be called a pool party if music isn’t involved. Create a playlist of songs that are lively—songs that would encourage your attendees to have more fun and to dance along to the rhythm. I suggest you choose songs that are categorized under the electronic dance music or EDM. Make the pool party entertaining and alive with music! You’ll see, music can change the dull mood and inspire everyone to enjoy your pool party.